Important AD Account Information
Starting this month, we will begin migrating all departmental domains under the overarching umbrella of the UCLA Health Sciences active directory.
What does that mean?
All user accounts, workstations, and servers will be consolidated onto the UCLA Health Sciences AD domain (Mednet).
Why are accounts being migrated?
The AD Migration project is a critical part of our continued effort to improve cybersecurity throughout UCLA Health Sciences.
- Single username and password for computer, Mednet (AD) email, ServiceNow, and any AD integrated applications.
- Departmental access to various security initiatives within UCLA Health Sciences:
- o Network Access Control (NAC)
- o Asset Management
- o Security Scanning
- o Security Patching
- Ease of maintenance, administration, and management of one domain vs. multiple domains.
How will this affect me?
Our aim is to migrate accounts onto the AD system with as little impact to you as possible. However, the following changes may affect certain users:
- Username changes to fit Mednet standards
- o (i.e. First Name + Last Initial à First Initial + Last Name).
- o You will be notified if such a change is necessary.
- AD login (Mednet) required to log into workstations
When will this change take place?
Departments will be migrated on a rolling basis beginning this month, and users will be notified once their department’s migration date is set prior to their migration.
The following departments and units will be affected:
What do I need to do?
No further action is needed by you. Your department CSC will work with you as your migration date is determined.
If you have any further questions regarding AD migration, please contact your department computer support.