What is database development?
A customized digital database puts a wealth of information at your fingertips, providing access to critical data in just a few clicks.
DGIT’s customized databases support a variety of needs that off-the-shelf solutions simply cannot meet. Leveraging years of database-development experience, our Software Development Team engineers databases with web or mobile app front ends. These database-backed applications are designed to your precise specifications. We also provide tools for quick and efficient access to the information you need to manage your database.
Our database development service is a good fit if you have data and want a place for storage and access. We also offer solutions to help you collect data. Visit our Web and Mobile Application Development page to learn more.
Why do I need a database?
If you have a great deal of data to manage and access, then you probably need a database. You worked hard collecting data, and our specialized databases help keep findings organized and accessible, saving you time and stress. Using our databases, you can put your information to work.
What are the benefits of using a DGIT database?
Here at DGIT, we know the needs of our community inside and out. That knowledge allows us to cater our solutions and give you just what you need.
- Adhere to intuitive structures
- Maintain referential integrity
- Support multiple users
- Include layers of complexity
- Keep data safe during a crash
In short, our systems avoid the limitations of ad hoc database development.
Get started on your database!
Tell us about your data, and we will determine a structure that supports your work and aligns with your budget.
To get started, simply create a service request ticket with Database Development in the Short Description field. A member of the Software Development Team will reach out to discuss your needs.
After a preliminary conversation, we will schedule a meeting to:
- Dig deep into your goals
- Determine a potential solution
- Discuss the overall scope of your project
Then we will prepare a scope of work that outlines your project in detail, including costs.
What if I need support on an existing database?
To get help with an existing DGIT-designed database, please create an incident ticket. A technician will respond as soon as possible!
What happens when my database is complete?
We host, manage, and support anything we build, and we will always be available to help you extend your project and solve technical issues.
- Hosting - We provide safe and secure hosting for your database, so you can start using it immediately without worrying about where it lives.
- Training - If your project merits the need, we will build an in-depth training plan into your scope of work.
- Support - We are happy to help you manage your database. This level of support requires approximately two hours per month and carries a charge of $86 an hour.
How much does a database cost?
DGIT charges the following rates for database development:
- $86 an hour for anyone in our UCLA community
- $132 an hour for customers without a UCLA affiliation